MV Camera audio problem

SOLVED
SteveT
Conversationalist

MV Camera audio problem

I have the MV12 WE camera and every time I enable audio, the screen goes completely black within a minute.  Video returns if I disable audio.  I have two camera's and this happens on both.  I opened a case but they don't seem to have any idea.  Just wondering if anyone else has run into a problem when enabling audio?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SteveT
Conversationalist

I am in the process of upgrading both camera's to 3.29 and will let you know if that fixes it.  I am also using ethernet cable, Windows 10 and Chrome so same setup.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is it running modern firmware?

SteveT
Conversationalist

I am running firmware version 3.24 which was updated in February 2019 but I do see there is one newer version however it does not address audio.  I have been working on this case since February 13th and support has not said I need to update but I can try that.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Out of desperation - I would try the update.

I just did a test using our MV12W.  It is hard wired using an Ethernet cable.  I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.  I'm running camera firmware 3.29.  I have "Record Audio" enabled, and the video is coming through correctly.

cam.PNG

SteveT
Conversationalist

I am in the process of upgrading both camera's to 3.29 and will let you know if that fixes it.  I am also using ethernet cable, Windows 10 and Chrome so same setup.

SteveT
Conversationalist

Thanks for the suggestion a few weeks ago.  This is not the first time that a firmware fix solved a problem, I need to keep that in mind.  Most worrisome was the fact that development obviously solved my problem but they never communicated to support who was holding my ticket open.  It was this community and your suggestion that really helped.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.