Indoor Camera Recommendations for a school

zack3
Comes here often

Indoor Camera Recommendations for a school

Greetings:

We have started to roll out new camera installs in our school buildings. We are basically looking to monitor hallways and gymnasiums and cafeterias.  I know meraki has a number of indoor cameras that have very different use cases. We have been using the mV22 so far and im wondering if there is a cheaper and or better option for these spaces?  Curious to see what other meraki customers are using in schools.

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Everything will depend on the requirements you need, for example, angle, lens aperture, whether it can be a fixed lens.

It is best to consult your Meraki sales representative.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look at this.

https://meraki.cisco.com/products/smart-cameras/models/

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

zack3
Comes here often

Thanks for the link.  The MV12 and MV13 seem like interesting options.  Whats the major difference between the MV22 and these models?  

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

alemabrahao_0-1712935689473.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The two options I would use the most are MV13 and MV22X.  I tend to go for the MV22X over the MV22 because it has more storage (which means more retention time).

You should also check out the MT14 IoT sensor.  It can detect people vaping.  When you link it with a camera, it can send you a link of what triggered it.  Special warning - you must power it via USB-C to use this function.
https://documentation.meraki.com/MT/MT_General_Articles/MT14_Vape_Detection_FAQ 

zack3
Comes here often

Thanks I will check it out

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.