Ethernet 1 LLDP

JMLOSD
Here to help

Ethernet 1 LLDP

I have one location where the Ethernet 1 LLDP is not showing. Any suggestions on how to get it to show up like my other locations?

7 REPLIES 7
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Details? Model camera and switch at this site and other sites that are showing the info?

JMLOSD
Here to help

We are using Cisco 3850G switches, model of the cameras are MV72X, MV32, MV12W. Other sites that are showing are Lake Grove, Lake Oswego High, Forest Hills. 

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Are the sites not showing the LLDP info running firmware 5.0 and sites working running older 4.something? Also, I'd throw a case into Support for investigation. 

I noticed my sites running firmware 5.0 no longer show LLDP, but my sites on firmware 4.18.1 still correctly show LLDP. Is there a bug in firmware v5.0 that prevents LLDP entries from being populated on Dashboard? If so, is there an ETA on a fix? Thanks

JMLOSD
Here to help

From what I understand they are working on resolving that issue. However, no ETA was given. The suggestion was to roll back to 4.18. If you rolled back to 4.19 or 4.20 you could possibly run into the same issue. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I thought you couldn't roll back from v5, have you done this successfully?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Beta 5.1 has been released and includes the LLDP fix for gen 2 cameras.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.