Cameras in ATMs

PBWA
New here

Cameras in ATMs

Is anyone using Meraki MV cameras in their ATMs?  Or is there any other manufacturer camera that fits an ATM and can be attached to the Meraki cloud?  

Thanks,

Dave Fuchs, Peoples Bank (WA)

4 Replies 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PBWA I suspect you won't find a bank who will discuss their security systems with you. 

Thanks, and I understand your reply.  I'm only asking if there are other Meraki users like us that are in the banking community and if they have successfully used MV cameras within their ATMs.  The manufacturer and model of the camera used is only one piece of the overall security of the ATMs.  And there is indeed a lot of information sharing that occurs in the banking community, on vendors, systems, devices, etc., being used.

Thanks, again

Dave

EJN
A model citizen

Are you looking for a camera to embed within/inside the ATM? Or would a camera overhead/behind/side suffice?

How close are you looking to zoom? My guess is there might be some regulations on whether the camera can read the numbers on a card? Obviously I don't have expertise on the financial/banking/ATM industry, but I like your question.

If you are a bank officer, I would contact the ATM provider for your bank.

This is the anti-Meraki, but can help with some insights: https://www.axis.com/solutions/banking-and-finance/atms

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education

Hi, Esteban, and thanks for the reply.  There are typically cameras external to the ATM that view the area around it, but there is also a camera inside the ATM for the direct view of the customer face-on.  Because of the location of the camera there are size restrictions, so I was just hoping to find out if any banks were using MV cameras or another camera that will work in the Meraki system.  I will, of course, check with the ATM vendor - I was just seeing if there was an unbiased reference first.

Thanks, again -

Dave

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.