Cameras Refusing to Go Online

Solved
UndecidedMiddle
New here

Cameras Refusing to Go Online

We have 61 cameras to deploy. I have connected the first site's cameras to get them updated, named properly and ready to deploy. However, of the 18 cameras, 4 have come online properly and I disconnected them to put them aside to deploy later. However, the other 14, while being connected for extended periods, including 1-2 overnights, refuse to connect properly. I know my methods of claiming and adding are working since 4 are fine. 13 never change from being dormant. The 1 remaining came up for a very short time, but now shows offline even though it's connected. Anybody have any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Best option is to open a Support case so they can view your dashboard and see what's going on

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Best option is to open a Support case so they can view your dashboard and see what's going on

I might have to do that, I was trying to see if there may be something small I'm missing. It turns out that even though there's a DHCP server for that VLAN on the firewall/router, the cameras are using a 6.X.X.X IP address. I'm not sure why they appear to be using a private, default IP range. I'm going to close this as I think it's a networking issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.