Apple TV App

John-Jackson
Conversationalist

Apple TV App

I know this is a long shot but is there an apple tv app in development?  Would be amazing to deploy apple tv's to display video walls on dedicated camera tv's instead of having to configure a computer to display the website.

9 REPLIES 9
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I like this idea, I guess the hard part comes with users having to login to the dashboard and potentially displaying login credentials for a short period of time on a large screen. 

Although this could be got around by using a seperate ID and PIN to authenticate this type of device. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You'll find it easier to use RTSP to HDMI converters like the Axis T8705.

A Raspberry Pi running VLC is another option - but cheaper.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth wrote:

You'll find it easier to use RTSP to HDMI converters like the Axis T8705.

I didn't know about this device, it seems like a really good solution for a video-wall. The only drawback (at least I didn't find anything in the install-guide and data-sheet) is that it can not be powerded by PoE.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>The only drawback (at least I didn't find anything in the install-guide and data-sheet) is that it can not be powerded by PoE.

You usually just plug it into the powerpoint that the TV/monitor uses ...

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, but I like to have one less cable (and possibly one less powerstrip). Makes everything more tidy.

EmmanuelSalgado
Conversationalist
EmmanuelSalgado
Conversationalist

Meraki Display Public Beta

EmmanuelSalgado
Conversationalist
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.