Push notifications possible in MT30?

Kevin_VR
Comes here often

Push notifications possible in MT30?

Hi,

In the datasheet I read about push notifications(besides SMS + e-mail) as an option.

Kevin_VR_0-1726494838447.png

Normally you should create an "Alert Profile" on the dashboard and select the sensor but the page is only showing the MT10 or 12 in the selection window as a sensor that can be used when creating an alert profile.

Kevin_VR_1-1726494891412.png

Any help?

8 Replies 8
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You would use the Automation builder, not an alert profile.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MT/MT_General_Articles/MT_Automation_Builder 

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

You cannot choose to configure a Meraki push app notification, only sms and email,(and 4 other preconfigured actions) 

Any other suggestions?

You'd look to 'Send a Webhook command'   - the receiving application would then need to trigger whatever process you want, based upon the data in the webhook

The question is: Why can you use the alert profile to send a Meraki app push notification (integrated optie by default, no webhook shizzle needed) when the sensor is a MT 10 or MT 12 but not when it is a MT30?

In this case the receiving application you are referring to is the Meraki app so why is it not integrated by default?!

Here's an example of lock screen notifications when invoking two different MT30 automations

IMG_2305.jpeg

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

Thanks for the example but can you show me how to configure it? Is there a guide stating how to send a push notification to Meraki App using MT30 instead of sms/mail

Is the only option by using a webhook like Greenman is referring to? If so, can you share your steps/code on how you configured it to have the above screenshot showing notifications on your lock screen of your phone?

Is there a guide stating how to send a push notification to Meraki App using MT30 instead of sms/mail

Is the only option using a webhook? If so, can you share your steps/code on how you configured it to have the above screenshot showing notifications on your lock screen of your phone?

To my knowledge such push notifications to the Meraki App in this way, isn't possible.   Right now I think webhooks would be the only way - I've not seen code personally to do this.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.