MT 20 sensor possibility

Milos
Comes here often

MT 20 sensor possibility

I use a MT sensor for opening the door that is connected to the Meraki camera. I've set it to send an alarm when the door is opened to an email. The camera is positioned to capture who enters the room. I wonder if it can be set to see users who do not have access to the Meraki dashboard.
Alternatively, if when entering the room it is possible to send only a part of the video to email or photo with an alert that someone opened the door.

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Currently, Meraki does not support sending a video clip or a part of the video to email.

If you want to share the video with users who do not have access to the Meraki dashboard, you can create a video link. This link can be viewed by anyone and does not require Meraki dashboard access. However, please note that this link will only be active for a limited time.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

You can see more here: Alerts and Notifications - Cisco Meraki

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You're describing our Sensor Sight feature. You can associate a Sensor to a Camera in dashboard and when an alert is triggered it will be emailed and include a deep link to the time stamped video associated with the door open event.

It's not an attached video in the email, but that is also a good thing for both privacy & permissions as well as simply refraining from sending potentially large mp4 files through email.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.