Dashboard reporting all MT40s as Dormant. Oh no they're not!

sungod
Kind of a big deal

Dashboard reporting all MT40s as Dormant. Oh no they're not!

I'm not sure when it started, possibly post the 2.0.1 firmware upgrade back in August, but that's a guess.

No config changes to the Org in the last two weeks, no WAN/device outages, no alerts.

There are four MT40s on a network, all are live and providing data within the last few minutes, but Dashboard says they're all Dormant, which clearly is nonsensical.

There's an MT14 on the same network, that shows as Online.

On the off-chance, I just rebooted the AP they are all using to connect, now they all show Online.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

I'm tempted to swap out the AP - it's the only one on the network and only the sensors are using it.

Edit: I just checked, now Dashboard says they're all Dormant again! Which I believe makes it a Dashboard problem - as if they were reported as online a few minutes ago it's clearly impossible for the Dormant time to be reached.

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You know what you have to do.  A painful support case.  🙂

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm having fun with an errant CW9166I that showed dormant when it rebooted for a firmware upgrade.  I refreshed the page and it showed online...  Now correctly showing offline then online as it boot loops...

sungod
Kind of a big deal

I steeled myself with another glass of tawny port, and opened a case.

Could be a 30.7 issue. May want to test the latest 31.1.5 or have Support roll you back to a 29.x version at least to test.

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.