windows xp Client VPN Error 678

Chotipong
Just browsing

windows xp Client VPN Error 678

Error 678 : The remote computer did not respond

Only windows XP show this error, but another it's work.

how to fix its?

MX84 

5 REPLIES 5
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Are you trying the WinXP tunnel via the same network as the other clients? Depending on the NAT configuration the connection is sometimes established in a different way.

I assume you've double checked the configuration on WinXP to make sure you didn't miss a step.

If you're using the Dynamic DNS name of your MX84, check to see if it resolves to the correct IP address on the WinXP.

Does anything show up in the event log for that client:

client_vpn_event_log.PNG

If not, then I'd take a packet capture on the MX when the WinXP machine is trying to establish it's connection to see if the messages come in and when it breaks. If they don't, make sure you've forwarded UDP 500 and 4500 to the MX on your firewall/router(s) sitting between the internet and the MX if there are any.

In the same network , my computer Windows 7 8 10 can connect to vpn but windows xp show the error 678 

Sometimes this can happen when you have other VPN clients installed or third party software firewalls.  Do you have any of these on your machine?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you sure it is error 678?  Check out this guide for common errors.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Client_VPN/Troubleshooting_Client_VPN#Common_Connection_Issues

yeah , sure error 678

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels