vMX Installation

Solved
NewMerakiGuy
Comes here often

vMX Installation

Hello, I'm trying to install Meraki vMX in the AWS and I got the license. I built the vMX instance in the AWS and claimed the order number in the Meraki dashboard and I can see the license has been added.

My question is, I tried to add new Network, but there is no vMX security device available to add to the new Network.

Please can someone guide me how to do this ?

1 Accepted Solution

Create the network as type Security Appliance and not the default which is Combined.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Refer the documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/MX_Installation_Guides/vMX_Setup_Guide_for_Amazon_Web_Services_(...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
NewMerakiGuy
Comes here often

I'm following that guide, but the issue is I don't see the "Add vMX" option when I'm creating new Network. Any idea ?

Which Network Type are you using?

Create the network as type Security Appliance and not the default which is Combined.

NewMerakiGuy
Comes here often

The Dashboard was not showing that option yesterday, but today works for me. Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels