remote desktop not working through MX67 client vpn

Marco68
Comes here often

remote desktop not working through MX67 client vpn

Hi i'm trying to setup a client vpn with windows 10/11 through a MX67 

after a while i was managed to connect but only could ping pc's and severs on the Lan side behind the MX67

tried all options in the network settings with no results.

then I decided to update win 11 and after the update I could connect to my routers and switches behind the MX67 and also internet did work.

But..... remote desktop keeps on failing.

if I try to connect with my Iphone with client vpn remote desktop does work so it is not an issue on the remote pc or firewall.

the MX 67 is behind a Fritz Box 

any suggestions?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

All traffic is allowed by default on the VPN, if you don't have any firewall rules blocking it then we can assume that the problem is elsewhere. Have you tried doing a packet capture?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I just wanted to know what is different between windows and IOS , if I connect with my Iphone remote desktop works fine, but with windows not.

tried all the settings but not working

I can ping but no SSH or remote desktop

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On Windows clients, It should work with no problem, unless you have an anti-virus or Windows firewall rule that can block It.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

no firewalls , even tried it with shutdown of all firewalls 

I have  now installed a virtual Debian on top of it and this one connects and I can also remote into a pc on other side of the VPN

so it's a windows issue for sure

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels