rack mount MX68

tantony
Head in the Cloud

rack mount MX68

I currently have a Cisco 2911 rack mounted.  I'm using a trial MX68, but the MX is about half the size of the Cisco 2911.  My question is, is it possible to rack mount the MX68?  I know you can wall mount it.

10 REPLIES 10
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Not that I am aware of no.

The only option that I know about is buying a rack mount shelf and placing it on that
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Thanks.  That's how I have the MX placed now.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

https://www.rackmountsolutions.net/cisco-meraki-mx64-firewall-mounting-kit-rm-ci-t4/

There's stuff like that out there. And then as @NolanHerring said, just use a shelf. There's nothing official from Meraki to do this.

They also have a rack mount kit for the MX65, which should be the same form factor as the MX68.

https://www.rackmountsolutions.net/cisco-meraki-mx65-firewall-mounting-kit-rm-ci-t5/

No guarantees, but it looks like it should work.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I haven't measured it, but the MX68 case looks a lot bigger than an MX65.

I have an MX68CW on the way for delivery next week.

I'll let you know.

MX65 - 256mm x 132mm x 25mm

MX68 - 284mm x 178mm x 27mm

So WIDER, DEEPER, THICKER, (I mean the MX68).

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

Yes, thats true Uberseehandel!

I am very happy with my opinion for the MX64 from rackmount.it. I think you have to wait until such companies offer some for the MX68.

That does look good, thanks for the url.

Eventually it will be incorporated into rack that is designed for "show", rather than efficiency. Chrome keystones with OCD patch cables - a nightmare to make it up, but it will be on show when it is finished, 2 brands of hardware running split networks and apart from Ethernet, there are HDMI, and Thunderbolt/USB connections (along with some audio). Flash, but not cost effective.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

The only downside is having to turn the unit around backward to have access to the ports. I would prefer if it mounted face out with patch cables to the face plate but I guess beggars cannot be choosers. Im going with the shelf idea. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels