mx 64 blocking website

abdallah-essam
New here

mx 64 blocking website

Dears, 

I have an issue with the specific website "portal.shelvz.com" MX 64 is blocking it however I am whitelisted without any restrictions, also I added it on content filtering as "allowed URL list" but the issue still exists. 

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's listed as Computer and Internet info, what firmware version are you running?

alemabrahao_0-1664453697203.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

This firmware version "MX 16.16.5 " also we didn't block this category so I don't know where is the issue 

Strange, I have a MX64 too and for me, It's working fine. I'm running version 17.10.

Try update for the new version 16.16.6 and test again.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is it showing as blocked in the eventlogs of your MX ?

No, just  the event dropped without showing any details 

If the website is blocked but no event is shown on the MX then it is not a matter of content filtering. Probably check your firewall rules on the MX and run a packet capture to confirm the blocking.

Also, the main website "www.shelvz.com" is working fine without problems 

@abdallah-essam,

Can you show the print screen? I know that this doesn't make sense, but do you have a Layer7 rule created or, a group policy applied on client or VLAN?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels