mx 64 blocking website

abdallah-essam
New here

mx 64 blocking website

Dears, 

I have an issue with the specific website "portal.shelvz.com" MX 64 is blocking it however I am whitelisted without any restrictions, also I added it on content filtering as "allowed URL list" but the issue still exists. 

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's listed as Computer and Internet info, what firmware version are you running?

alemabrahao_0-1664453697203.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

This firmware version "MX 16.16.5 " also we didn't block this category so I don't know where is the issue 

Strange, I have a MX64 too and for me, It's working fine. I'm running version 17.10.

Try update for the new version 16.16.6 and test again.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is it showing as blocked in the eventlogs of your MX ?

No, just  the event dropped without showing any details 

If the website is blocked but no event is shown on the MX then it is not a matter of content filtering. Probably check your firewall rules on the MX and run a packet capture to confirm the blocking.

Also, the main website "www.shelvz.com" is working fine without problems 

@abdallah-essam,

Can you show the print screen? I know that this doesn't make sense, but do you have a Layer7 rule created or, a group policy applied on client or VLAN?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.