inherited a site that is using the Stable Release Candidate & I want to Upgrade to the Stable Firm

Solved
CiscoChaCha
Conversationalist

inherited a site that is using the Stable Release Candidate & I want to Upgrade to the Stable Firm

Hi All

I'm looking for some advice.

I've just inherited a site that's currently using the Stable Release Candidate 18.208 firmware and I would like to get it back to the Stable 18.107.2 firmware on high availability mx75 appliances

I have spoken to support and they say this can be done by running an upgrade to the Stable release but they haven't been overly insightful.

I'm concerned that this may drop the current settings which our users rely on for remote access and

Can anyone confirm that this upgrade to the Stable Release firmware 18.107.2 can be done and is safe to do and won't break any of the configured Uplinks, Users and remote access options?

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can perform the update without any problems, all the configuration is saved in the Meraki cloud, you will not lose any settings.

Only do this within a scheduled maintenance window.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can perform the update without any problems, all the configuration is saved in the Meraki cloud, you will not lose any settings.

Only do this within a scheduled maintenance window.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
CiscoChaCha
Conversationalist

thanks very much for the assist - still a bit of a noob 😁

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels