failover over the autovpn

jOMeraki2
Getting noticed

failover over the autovpn

replicatiom.pngHello everyone, I have two mx that are connected to each other using an AOTuO VPN, each in a different place.

On site 1 I have a hyper-V host, and on site 2 I have a replica.

Thus, in the event that host 1 goes down, how can I replicate virtual machines on site 2 using the same subnet? Can I use Meraki for this, or are there specific devices involved? what aboute vxlan and how to apply it 
3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Both MXs must be Hub.

Take a look at the article.

https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2014/07/now-in-the-mx-high-availability-for-datacenters/

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You would need to use a unique subnet on each site for replication (create a dedicated replication VLAN on each site, and replicate VMs over that).

You can't do layer 2 LAN extension like this and have both 10.200.5.0/24 subnets both hot.  If you wanted to failover between sites, you would need to go into the Meraki dashboard and move the subnet from one MX to the other MX.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>what aboute vxlan and how to apply it 

Meraki has no native VXLAN support.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels