client vpn for a time slot

dufour_francois
Here to help

client vpn for a time slot

hi,

I am looking to open vpn for clients on a time slot and on a day slot, do you have any feedback on a similar request.
Thank you

3 Replies 3
Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @dufour_francois 

This is unfortunately not a feature that is currently available. I would suggest submitting a feature request using the Make a Wish button on your dashboard.

For a work around, you can automate an API script to deny UDP 500 and UDP 4500 traffic using firewall rules during the hours where you do not want the Client VPN feature to work and allow it for the rest of the hours. Let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Regards,

Meraki Team

Hi and thanks for the return, I have never done any API and the problem is that there are VPN users with time restrictions and others with unlimited.
If you have this kind of API already ready can you give me this script.

Thank's a lot for you helping
François

Hello @dufour_francois 

Unfortunately, the option that you are asking for a few users to be authorized with time restrictions and some without is not possible even with the APIs. In order to achieve this, I would recommend either using an AD Server or Radius Server for client VPN auth so that you can configure the policy for time restricted access on the server when any user tries to authenticate.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meraki Team

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels