cisco webex & Meraki

Brad_Galanos
New here

cisco webex & Meraki

We are in the process of changing over our Cisco Spark phone system to Webex. I have opened all required ports for this system.  when I run the Cscan test I get the following Error:

Packet loss
UDP connection cannot be initialized.
Jitter
UDP connection cannot be initialized.
ReadyPortUse
 80Device configuration and firmware management
 443Device configuration and firmware management
 8934Call Signalling to Webex Calling

Not sure what is wrong that i am getting the Packet Loss and Jitter UDP Connection cannot be Initialized.

4 Replies 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You don't seem to have SIP ports or RTP ports there, what ports have you allowed?

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

What did you exactly to open them?  You should not have to do anything unless you have restrictive firewall rules already in place and need explicitly allow these.  In fact, if you port forwarded these somewhere it may explain the results and broken everything.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

I recently turned up a new Webex Calling system for a customer and it is going through an MX67.

I made zero changes to the MX firewall rules and it works like a champ.

I used the default traffic shaping rules and set the WAN1 interface bandwidth to conform with

the speed of the single fiber internet connection. I also had to set QOS to trust the DSCP values

from the phones on the Voice VLAN of the MS120-48FP switch.

I agree with BrandonS that you should take a look to see if their are any port forwarding rules

or firewall rules that could be interfering with the functioning of the system.

Brad_Galanos
New here

Yes, I was able to get it working, I spent about 2 hours on the phone with Meraki until we were able to get it to work.  We had a major hack a year ago so our network is on super lockdown, but we were able to get it working. thank you all for your responses. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels