Z3 randomly rebooting when connected to HUB running BGP

TPatrickSMG
Just browsing

Z3 randomly rebooting when connected to HUB running BGP

We just converted our HUB from OSPF to BGP and discovered all of our Z3s running 16.16  because they would be up for various amounts of time then they would go through no connectivity then connect then reboot over and over again.

My Z3s on 17.10.2 did not have this problem, I updated some of the 16.16 to 16.16.6 and this also solved the intermittent reboot issue. My MXs running 16.16 did not have the reboot issues, only my Z3's. 

16.16.6 and 17.10.2 have been stable.

This issue only manifested when a client was connected to the Z3 as well wired or wireless. If the Z3 is online but no clients are in use it does not exhibit the reboot behavior.

4 REPLIES 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Open a support case, I think they will assist you better.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I have a case open support has yet to respond, this post was more to share an observation with others that it may help them.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

How many routes are you sending to the Z3?

About 1880 routes total are advertised via BGP into the Meraki network. It is a very small deployment 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels