Z1 Swap

Solved
StujStu
New here

Z1 Swap

Hi all.

Slightly paranoid question here:

We have an MX84 at our main site and a Z1 at a different site on a different Network but connected via Site to Site VPN.

The units are on a co-termination licence.

The Z1 died but have a replacement i can swap it with. I have claimed and added the new Z1 to the inventory and am ready to remove the old Z1 etc to add add the new one to the network.

Its a straight swap right? It wont mess up the licencing will it? Im assumimg the licence is bound to any Z1 not a specific serial number?

Thanks in advance

Stu

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Licenses go into use once a device is placed into a network. So, when you remove the dead Z1 it no longer consumes a license. And when you put the replacement Z1 in it will begin to consume the license.

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Licenses go into use once a device is placed into a network. So, when you remove the dead Z1 it no longer consumes a license. And when you put the replacement Z1 in it will begin to consume the license.

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

Ah, thanks Ryan. That would make sense. I'm wary making changes when licencing is involved. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels