XBOX Live

StephenW13
Conversationalist

XBOX Live

What does everyone do for XBOX Live? I am having problems with intermittent connectivity. Based on what I have found so far is because these are enterprise devices, XBOX Live is not a priority.

3 Replies 3
cwf
Getting noticed

What device do you have? At home or at work?

On an MX or Z* you could look at Security & SD-WAN>>Traffic shaping rules>>create a rule for Gaming/Xbox Live to have a higher priority than other devices.

Network-dad
A model citizen

What does your network look like? Are you full stack Meraki? What Traffic Shaping rules do you have in place? is this on a guest network being NATed?

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
Adam2104
Building a reputation

I have two Xboxes (Xboxen?) here. I did a port forward for each Xbox and the NAT test comes back as open. One is hard wired, an Xbox One X, and it' works fine. The other Xbox is an OG Xbox that uses wireless. Neither Xbox has any problem staying connected while playing games. The OG Xbox on wireless seems to have problems where it is no longer connected to Xbox Live when waking the system from sleep. I'm not sure what's up with that and I haven't spent any time debugging it. A reboot of the Xbox gets it back online.

I have a full stack here, 3x MR42, 3x MS120-8, and 1x MX67. ISP is Google Fiber.

What problems are you seeing?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels