Windows 8.1 client VPN not working

ajnet
Comes here often

Windows 8.1 client VPN not working

employee had vpn configure a while back and everything was working fine. Up until today, in randomly stop working and the employee is getting error code 809. Tried the different troubleshooting steps in this article https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Client_VPN/Troubleshooting_Client_VPN#Windows_Error_809, still can't connect. Other employees in the the same remote location are are able to connect just fine, but they are using macs instead of windows pc. The issues is coming from a windows 8.1 OS. 

7 Replies 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Any new software installed or updated on the machine (perhaps use the Windows Reliability Monitor to check).

ajnet
Comes here often

Checked and no new software were installed recently.  To me it seems to be isolated to the users machine. I'm out of ideas on what to check or troubleshoot this issue.   

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you log into a different account on the same machine (such as the Administrator) does it then work?

If you log into the same in the same users account using someone elses username and password does it then work?

ajnet
Comes here often

Tried that as well, same issues 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe try resetting the IP stack.  From an Administrative cmd prompt try:

netsh int ip reset

ajnet
Comes here often

Still having the issues. Seems all other version of windows and mac are able to connect just fine. Tried the command suggested and that didn't work either.

Ritchie
Getting noticed

I've tried in my windows 8.1 platform here and it works, maybe there's some updates that you need.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels