Where can I see the default route?

SOLVED
Dave_
Here to help

Where can I see the default route?

For our MX450 appliances I see lots of static routes under Addressing & VLANs but nothing that says 0.0.0.0 or "Default" or anything like that.

I found reference to setting it during initial config but that was by connection laptop to the Meraki and browsing to setup.meraki.com.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Security & SDWAN > Monitor > Route Table should reflect it, at a minimum, the "default WAN route" for the 0/0 network out the WAN uplink.  Also note that recently there is a "new version" and "old version" of that route table page in Dashboard.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Security & SDWAN > Monitor > Route Table should reflect it, at a minimum, the "default WAN route" for the 0/0 network out the WAN uplink.  Also note that recently there is a "new version" and "old version" of that route table page in Dashboard.

Thank you.  I looked at that but didn't look enough.  Two follow on questions:

I see 0.0.0.0/0 with a next hop of "WAN uplink".  Does that mean it will fling it out the WAN port and hope for the best?  I'd prefer to see an IP there.

Where do I change it?  Can I add a static to 0.0.0.0/0?

Correct @Dave_ the gateway of last resort so to speak is always out of any active WAN interface for any MX or Z appliance.  And that's also correct, you can certainly add your own 0.0.0.0/0 route and that should be reflected in the same route table, for example if you want to have a 0/0 route pointing out via a LAN interface and/or shared over an AutoVPN.  

Yeah, I just found the default gateway config under Appliacance Status.  That's cheating though, there shouldn't be configuration bits under a heading that says Monitor because people (*cough*) won't look there.

Thank you, and Thanks for confirming that the static for 0.0.0.0/0 will work as well.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels