WAN2 - Cradlepoint Failover

Justin1104
Comes here often

WAN2 - Cradlepoint Failover

Hi, 

I am looking to implement a 4G Backup device that will be connected via ethernet to WAN2 on our MX67 Device but would like to know if we can prioritize bandwidth once failed over, at the moment our locations use about 30GB Per day which involves a lot of video streaming and also guest WIFI, ideally we would like to block or reduce bandwidth on these if our main connection has failed just so we can run POS all other traffic can be reduced or blocked. 

The 4G backup is a Cradlepoint L950 which also carries a lot of options to reduce traffic. 

Any help is much appreciated 

Justin 

3 REPLIES 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/SD-WAN_and_Traffic_Shaping

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Justin1104 you can ask Meraki support to change WAN2 to be a cellular port. You will then be able to set different rules for it to reduce traffic. 

Justin1104
Comes here often

Messaged them today fingers crossed they don't just send a link to a Doc 😝

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels