WAN connection issues

Jenn20
Comes here often

WAN connection issues

Greetings, friends of the community.

Currently I have the following problem with the Internet output of an MX64W. The Internet service reaches the headquarters by GPON, having an ONU installed by the provider. When connecting the MX64W to the ONU, it fails to connect to the Internet.

When conversing with the provider's technical support, it requests the MAC of the equipment. When provided, the MAC displayed on the provider's system changes on the last bit and in turn assigns a Private IP address with a connection state of waiting. (Assumed provider assigns DHCP with Private IP) To rule out, the Meraki was taken to another location that is supplied by another provider and it was only enough to connect it to the ONU for the equipment to connect to the Internet without further configuration (the equipment is new).

Another test was to connect a Linksys Wireless Router with DHCP enabled in the ONU and the MX64W to one of the LAN ports, under this scheme it was possible to connect to the cloud and access the board.

How can I solve this inconvenience? Is it up to the service provider to resolve or do I have to do some additional configuration to Meraki?

1 REPLY 1
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no additional configuration on MX,  I suggest you review your GPON configurations.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels