VXrail compatibility

RickP
Conversationalist

VXrail compatibility

Is anyone here using their Meraki setup with a Dell VxRail system?

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

At the network level, I don't see any compatibility issues. What's your concern? Can be more specific?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
RickP
Conversationalist

We were moving our vxrail from a fortinet firewall to the MX this weekend and we ran into an issue of our DOMAIN DNS server not resolving by name. Also all of the hosts disconnected from vcenter. We are using Dell top of rack switches. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't think it's an incompatibility, probably there is some configuration that you are forgetting.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Frank-NL
Getting noticed

Hi how are you connecting your Dell switches to the MX exactly? Note that the MX does not support STP

RickP
Conversationalist

10GB fiber

RickP
Conversationalist

The issue seems to be DNS related. We are moving to a new office and changing networks completely. Currently we are piggybacking of of our sister agency. The issue appears when we connect the Dell TOR to our Meraki switch we lose DNS and the VxRail hosts and all VM's disconnect. We then go back to the original Fortinet network with our Dell TOR where VxRail was working originally everything starts working immediately.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Where are the DNS servers?  Is there a route to them from the MX, once the Fortinet is disconnected?

RickP
Conversationalist

I looked in the logs. Looks like a layer 7 rule is blocking DNS.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels