VPN connection failed.

DavidCameron
Comes here often

VPN connection failed.

Hey,

I made an adjustment to a firewall that I had setup as a HUB in my S2S environment.
The firewall, initially unused, had its hostname changed, leading to widespread VPN issues. Despite verifying DNS and RADIUS settings, problems persisted. Transitioning it from HUB to SPOKE resolved one HUB's issue, but not the other. Removing the non-functioning HUB from the SPOKE list fixed the problem. Currently configured as SPOKE, seeking guidance on reverting to HUB status or using the old hostname.

I would also like to know how this could have happened where changing the hostname of this firewall would drop all other HUBS and deny VPN connections

Thanks.

paybyplatema

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Look, I think it's a little difficult that simply changing the name would make the environment inoperative.

I suggest you open a support case for them to investigate.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is this using AutoVPN or non-Meraki VPN?

If this is AutoVPN - the most common issue for this occurs when the Hub MX does not have a public IP address directly on its WAN interface and sites behind something doing NAT.  Is this your case?
If it is sitting behind something doing NAT, then enable manual NAT traversal and it will become 100% rock solid reliable.

PhilipDAth_0-1703016045164.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels