VPN Connectivity issues.

Mugiwara
Comes here often

VPN Connectivity issues.

Hello All,

We have two networks, network 1 is the primary with the uplink and network 2 is the secondary. We configured the VPN on the secondary then we configured the policies to enable ports 4500 and 500, and initially it seemed to go, then later we removed the VPN policies for testing, then putting them back in nothing worked anymore, on windows event viewer we get 789 as an error.

Can someone help please?

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think you can give us more information, like MX model, software version.

Here is the troubleshooting guide.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Client_VPN/Guided_Client_VPN_Troubleshooting/Unable_to_Connect_t...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

we have mx68 as security appliance.

The troubleshooting guide should be accurate for MX68 security appliance 🙂

Mugiwara
Comes here often

can I have the link for the guide? 

Thanks

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Client_VPN/Guided_Client_VPN_Troubleshooting/Unable_to_Connect_t...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Mugiwara
Comes here often

Mugiwara_0-1714042236021.png

we got this messages  in meraki event log

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is this using the Microsoft client VPN?

Only the primary WAN interface on the MX will respond to client VPN unless there is a primary WAN failure, in which case only the secondary WAN interface will respond.

yes we are using Microsoft client.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels