VPN Bandwith slow

Jose_aisos
Here to help

VPN Bandwith slow

Good morning dear, I have a problem with my VPN, I have 2 links (100MB and another of 120) I want all the VPN traffic to go through the 120 link but when they connect to the VPN and I do a speed test it only reaches to 3mb. I have MX100

12 REPLIES 12
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you talking about Client VPN or Site-to-site VPN? Have you checked if it's not an ISP issue?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thank you very much for your answer, the type of vpn is client.

Is it necessary for the client to use the MX Link to go out to the internet? Could they go out over the local internet?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

The user could not necessarily use MX to go online, we use an ERP and at times it gets slow, but in the office there is no problem.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Jose_aisos what bandwidth does the user have, or is it 100Mb/s for the user and 120Mb/s for the site with the MX?

What software version is the MX running and what client VPN is it (AnyConnect or legacy)?

I use the 100mb for my office and the 120 I want to use (100%) for my VPN

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is this using the Microsoft L2TP client VPN, or Cisco AnyConnect?

hello Felipe,

I'm using Microsoft's L2TP connection because anyconnect is licensed, right?

Correct, AnyConnect needs a licence - but it is 100% worth it.  It is so much better.

A couple of things you can try; try enabling timestamps on both the client and the server they are accessing:

netsh int tcp set global timestamps=enable 

If that doesn't work, try reducing the MTU on the client.  Run this command to display all the interfaces:

netsh interface ipv4 show subinterface 

Pick out the name of the interface the user is using, and then:

netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface “Ethernet” mtu=1300

Change "Ethernet" to the name of the primary interface on the machine.  If this solves it, run the command again and add "store=persistent" to make the change permanent.

I just did what was indicated but the maximum that the speed reaches is 9mb, despite the fact that a rule was created for it to use 20mb for upload and download

Have you got any bandwidth or traffic shaping rules configured?

Indeed, I have configured traffic shaping rulestrafic_shappin.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels