VMX100 VMware intergration

anthonypapaleo
Conversationalist

VMX100 VMware intergration

Anyone have an idea if the VMX100 will be intergrated with VMware and where this is on the roadmap? 

5 REPLIES 5
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

I don't have an idea. I'd recommend using the "Make a wish feature" within dashboard and also reaching out to your local Meraki sales rep if you have sales opportunity which is pending on this feature.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't think this is likely.  With the Amazon and Azure products the Meraki "Intellectual Property" is protected.  You can get at or see the raw disks (or the machines) to get the intellectual property.

If it was on a private VMWare server you could ...

Ryan
Conversationalist

I've been wanting this forever.  But I don't know what they would do about it as you could put big hardware into the host and get better performance,.

I simply want a device that can handle a 1Gb connection that is more and more common these days WITHOUT spending a ton.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The physical MX's have their maximum throughput software limited.  They could easily do this to a a virtual version as well.

Jklein
Here to help

I also would love to see this. I think it would revolutionize how one does hosted Firewalls. But alas for right now it's not on the horizon. Sad 🐼
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels