VLAN Issue on WAN Settings

RDD
Conversationalist

VLAN Issue on WAN Settings

Anyone else having issues configuring WAN settings and not being able to get past the VLAN field without adding a VLAN number?  Seems to have just started today.

13 REPLIES 13
DubyaCO
Conversationalist

Yup, cant configure a static ip on APs. Seems to have occured around noon mountain time as I configured one just before lunch without issue. Got back and cannot configure one without a vlan id. Even tried typing in blank in case the engineer that made this mess was being cheeky. No dice.

Add to this meraki's support level (garbage) anymore, 56 minutes waiting to talk to someone and counting. So I guess I won't be deploying APs today.

JDavisMav
Conversationalist

We started getting the same issue when trying to re-enable a WAN1 interface on an MX. Gives the error "Must be blank or an integer between 1 and 4094 inclusive.", and it won't let you save if you leave it blank. 

DubyaCO
Conversationalist

Finally got someone on the phone after 1 hour 34 minutes. Initial analysis is "Hmmm. That's strange."

- Edit. Further analysis "Hmm that's strange, nothing I can do will have to send this up to development."

Looks like we wont be able to make changes for a while folks.

JGill
Building a reputation

Seeing the same issue.  On with support now 😞Meraki DHCP Vlan issue.jpg

JDavisMav
Conversationalist

Just as an addendum to this, we were able to enable our interfaces via API calls.

JDavisMav what API were you referencing when you did this?  I can't seem to find it.

The API you're looking for in particular is https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!update-device-management-interface and will give you a query something like this (this is using dual WAN on an MX64):

PUT /api/v1/devices/[SERIAL NUMBER]/managementInterface {"wan1":{"wanEnabled":"enabled","usingStaticIp":false,"vlan":null},"wan2":{"wanEnabled":"enabled","usingStaticIp":false,"vlan":null},"ddnsHostnames":{"activeDdnsHostname":"[NETWORK_NAME]-wired-[GENERATED-NAME].dynamic-m.com","ddnsHostnameWan1":"[NETWORK_NAME]-wired-[GENERATED-NAME]-1.dynamic-m.com","ddnsHostnameWan2":"[NETWORK_NAME]-wired-[GENERATED-NAME]-2.dynamic-m.com"}}

JGill
Building a reputation

Thanks,   Missed that the WAN ports were under the Management Interface! 

JGill
Building a reputation

Were you setting the IP on an AP or an MX.  Not seeing the options on the MX WAN port via API to set the options for DHCP / VLAN

Meraki_Man_Rich
Conversationalist

I was told by support that it was a bug and that they were sending it to engineering.  Unfortunately this happened in the middle of changes and I have an entire site down.  😞

DubyaCO
Conversationalist

This appears to be cleared up at least on the MR side of things. No notice from meraki on my case about the solution being put in place or a resolution.

Sure wish the old meraki support level was back. Where you could call and they would answer in a reasonable time. Then actually follow up on your ticket instead of making you check if the issue has been resolved yourself.

But alas this is the meraki we have today. I suppose the bright side is it didn't take 24 hours to correct this oversight.

Meraki_Man_Rich
Conversationalist

A patch has been pushed.  It appears to be fixed.

Capture.PNG

JDavisMav
Conversationalist

I got a reply around 9:30 PM EST on my case indicating that it was fixed.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels