Using different authentication for different device; Active directory vs Meraki User Authentication

from_afar
Getting noticed

Using different authentication for different device; Active directory vs Meraki User Authentication

We have a small setup with one hub and one spoke SD-Wan location. We tunnel all and people also use AnyConnect to VPN into the hub when working from home. We use the inbuilt Meraki Cloud authentication for users for VPN auth. We also have Umbrella up and running. I wanted to do some experimenting with Active Directory integration. I have set up client VPN on both devices (MX98 LAN, MX68 SD-Wan location) as I have to remote in to the SD-Wan location sometimes to help debug stuff. I'm the only one who uses that connection; everyone else is either on the LAN, SD-Wan or AnyConnect -> LAN when working from home.

I noticed that when I set things up, when I added a user, it automatically was also created at the SD-Wan location. i.e. when I added a user in the MX98 > Security & SD-Wan > Client VPN > AnyConnect Settings > User Management, it would automatically appear in the User management on the MX68. 

My question is: would it be possible to test Active Directory settings just on the MX68? Or if I turn on/configure AD on the MX68, will those settings automatically propagate to the MX98 like the users do?

0 Replies 0
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels