cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Stealthwatch and Meraki solutions? Meraki would like your participation!

Meraki Employee

Using Stealthwatch and Meraki solutions? Meraki would like your participation!

Hi there,

I'm part of the research team at Meraki and am currently working to understand how people use the Meraki and Stealthwatch to manage network security and security threats, and hoping to learn more about your experience.

Would you be able to take about 45 minutes to a 1 hour to tell me more about this? Please schedule a time that works for you here.

Hope to talk soon,
Janice
5 REPLIES 5
Conversationalist

Re: Using Stealthwatch and Meraki solutions? Meraki would like your participation!

i also looking for more introduction.. 

Building a reputation

Re: Using Stealthwatch and Meraki solutions? Meraki would like your participation!

Hi Janice,

just scheduled a date. Hopefully some input from a Cisco partner addressing the whole security portfolio will be useful to you

Kind of a big deal

There are two Stealthwatch products, on-premise and cloud.  I have really only played with the cloud version.

When I compare what you get from the Meraki security dashboard versus Stealthwatch and consider the huge uplift in cost to get Stealthwatch - I don't see Steathwatch as a great investment.

You would really be wanting to monitor additional things beyond Meraki that don't provide the same level of visibility.

Also, you really want to be able to dedicate a full time equivilant person to use Stealthwatch to go through and analyse the data.  If you don't have a reasonable amount of free time each day to look at Stealthwatch then you should probably be looking at some kind of managed service instead.

ps. I can't private message you at the moment.  You might need to ask @CarolineS for help with that (assuming this wasn't deliberate).

pps. Scratch that, the private message option has now appeared today.

Building a reputation

So often I‘m right on track with you Philip. In case of Stealthwatch, I really tend to disagree!

I‘ve done many POVs and customer implementations (Stealthwatch Enterprise in this case) and when you „only“ compare the Dashboard info, you‘re missing a whole lot of things. We found so many security issues that no Dashboard, SIEM or IPS in place ever noticed.

Community Manager

@PhilipDAth wrote:

ps. I can't private message you at the moment.  You might need to ask @CarolineS for help with that (assuming this wasn't deliberate).

pps. Scratch that, the private message option has now appeared today.

Yep, I fixed it :-)

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki | @merakicaroline
New to the community? Get started here
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.