Uplink Interfaces

DonL
Getting noticed

Uplink Interfaces

Hello, 

I am trying to determine if the Uplink interfaces WAN 1 / WAN 2  that can generate "Uplink Status Changed" alerts are  listed in the ifTable for say a MX168 ?
Because the Notifications trap or webhook are only sent on a transition to an up state and NOT on a Down state transition , if they are one/two of these interfaces I can be actively managing them  ( Polling for changes and Catch the Link Down ) vs. getting Nothing if they are using Both interfaces when one goes down. 

image.png

If they are Not in the ifTable - where are they listed / defined ? 

Thanks, 
Don 

4 Replies 4
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Do you have these selected on Network-wide > Configure > Alerts?

rhbirkelund_0-1711137133555.png

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
DonL
Getting noticed

We have enabled and Get Alerts for the WAN Port changes ( to down ) - thank you.
We are trying to determine If the WAN ports are listed in the Mib -2 ifTable ?
 ( for devices that support SNMP ) 

Don

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

And you are using the Meraki MIB file, which can be downloaded from the SNMP area on Organization Settings page?

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Hello, 

With or without the MIB the Walk will return all the accessible values and nothing returned gives us any indication of ports existing other than what  you see in the image above of the ifTable for that device. 

Does any one know for a fact that the Uplink ports one / two / tree/ four ( How ever many a device might have )  are the ports listed in the standard ifTable ? 
Is there anything in the MIB that ties the WAN uplink ports to the ports in the  ifTable? 
I know that executing a query using the API will return the status / information about the uplink ports ? 
I am trying to connect the dots between the what the API returns and what we see using SNMP.

Thanks. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels