Uplink IP address in conflict with another device

SOLVED
Benrue
Conversationalist

Uplink IP address in conflict with another device

Hi,

Were using a MX84 and were getting an error of "Uplink IP address in conflict with another device" now my WAN1 port is now showing as failed 

I already check all our devices and cannot find any conflict IP

Is there another method to fix this?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It may mean that when the MX ARPs for its own IP address something else is responding (which it should not be).  This can be the case with proxy arp.

Also double check you have the correct subnet mask and default gateway configured.  A wrong subnet mask can cause proxy arp to start happening on another device as well (hopefully everyone has proxy arp disabled).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It may mean that when the MX ARPs for its own IP address something else is responding (which it should not be).  This can be the case with proxy arp.

Also double check you have the correct subnet mask and default gateway configured.  A wrong subnet mask can cause proxy arp to start happening on another device as well (hopefully everyone has proxy arp disabled).

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

As @PhilipDAth mentioned just make sure your IP info is correct. One digit can mean a lot.

Enthusiast
jjcfl
New here

I am having the same issue on a single AP (out of over 200) all getting IP's from DHCP. I forced the AP to get a new DHCP address, still getting the same issue on this SINGLE ap.

Did you find the solution, I have 6 AP's currently in this state. They are still functioning but Alerting and we cannot find the reason why.

I figured out the issue, there was  VoIP router that was setup as ROAS with the native Vlan set to the Meraki's native Vlan. This caused the router to attempt a DHCP IP request and attempt to take statically assigned IP's, as DHCP is turned off on that Vlan. Hope this helps someone else narrow down their issue's, if still occurring.

Fuad-Jugnoo
New here

Hi,

In my situation, one of the 4 APs was alerting of conflicting IP even though it was assigned a static IP.

But on doing a client search of same IP, two devices were assigned the same IP, changed AP to another available static IP, it's fixed.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels