Unable to see event logs, Traffic logs and show session or live traffic in MX

Matt_Wade
Comes here often

Unable to see event logs, Traffic logs and show session or live traffic in MX

Hi all

Is there any roundabout to see the event logs, Traffic logs, show session or live traffic in MX firewall. other than sending the logs to syslog. Any other product add-on to see the traffic ?

8 Replies 8
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

What model MX do you have?

Ryan / Meraki Solutions Engineer

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

MX 68

If you upgrade to MX 18.2 firmware it adds a Live Firewall Logging tool https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/Firewall_Logging

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

OMG.  I am upgrading right now to try this out.

I tried the firewall logs feature and it worked really well - but I found that release of firmware really unstable.  It kept killing my Microsoft Teams calls.  So I have rolled back for the moment - but I am excited for when it makes it into stable.

Hmm. I've been on every release of 18.2 beta on my MX95 without issue. My MSFT teams use is limited though compared to Webex.

I'm using an MX75.

I have a 75 running 18.2, but it's not my main fw so my use/testing on it's definitely limited. Hoping to see a beta version bump very soon though 🤞

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels