Umbrella and Meraki MX Threat Prevention

GarageLand42
Conversationalist

Umbrella and Meraki MX Threat Prevention

We currently have 7 remote locations with a Meraki MX.  In our Corporate Office we are using Cisco Umbrella.

Devices at the Remote locations are getting the IP addresses of our Internal Umbrella DNS servers located in our corporate office.

Should I Just add the API Key, and will it just propagate into the Umbrella cloud.Should I Just add the API Key, and will it just propagate into the Umbrella cloud.Do I need to add the external IP of our remote sites. Do I also need to add the Internal IP address of remote site.Do I need to add the external IP of our remote sites. Do I also need to add the Internal IP address of remote site.

How do I add my remote locations to protect them.   

Should I add the remote IP Networks to the Umbrella side 1st, ? 

Should I Enable remote Protection on the Meraki Side 1st using the API KEYs/Secret.

Do I need additional licensing to protect my remote locations.

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi, you can check these documents. There’s no additional license fee to get remote user protection.

Manually Integrating Cisco Umbrella with Meraki Networks - Cisco Meraki Documentation

Add External Domains and IPs (umbrella.com)

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I also recommend you contact your Meraki sales representative, or even open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Because your remote branches are using the Umbrella Virtual Appliances at your HQ for their DNS - they will be protected.

On the Umbrella screen you have shown, you can simply click "Add" in the top right hand corner to add their subnets.  This will make reporting slightly nicer, and you could apply a different policy based on the network.  But either way, they are still protected.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels