Traffic shaping rule (TCP or UDP Port)

lomonaco
Just browsing

Traffic shaping rule (TCP or UDP Port)

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a new traffic shaping rule and I need to include some TCP and UDP ports in the definition.

I can see how to include a port in the definition, but I couldn't see how can I define as a TCP or UDP port 

Can you help me with the custom expressions that I need to use to define TCP or UDP ports

Thanks a lot

My Best Regards,

7 REPLIES 7
Bearded_Dozer
Here to help

Hi Lomonaco,

In the traffic shaping menu under the traffic shaping rules you can create a new rule there. Inside that rule, you can do a custom expression that will allow you to specify the ports you need. 

Hope this helps,

Bearded_Dozer

Hi Bearded_Dozer,

Thanks for your reply.

But how can I specify, for example, that I want the TCP Port 80 and not the UDP Port 80 ?

I know that I can include the port number (80,8080,123,53,etc) but I didn't see where I can specify the protocol (TCP/UDP) associated with the Port.

Thanks again

Oh, now I'm fully understanding the question. The only place I know that you can specify which protocol is with the firewall on layer 3 and layer 7. May have to submit a wish for this grand idea. 

Niksutar
Conversationalist

that is a good one.

are you looking for these port based traffic from specific networks or websites or in general?

if it is specific, the custom expressions have much more expressions within it that may be useful like appending the network or local network with the port and then create a l4/l7 firewall rule to check for specific UDP /TCP ports that you want to allow/reject.

DO let me know how you achieved this though... this is really interesting!!!

Hi,

@lomonaco wrote:

But how can I specify, for example, that I want the TCP Port 80 and not the UDP Port 80 ?

I know that I can include the port number (80,8080,123,53,etc) but I didn't see where I can specify the protocol (TCP/UDP) associated with the Port.

any news about this requirment or suggestions whether/how this can be solved?

I`d also like to know if there is a possibility - to match both --> the source- and the destination network maybe with Src./Dst. Port in one rule? e.g. 192.168.1.0/24:80 --> 10.1.1.0/24:8080

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

This may not be related, but if you're trying to prioritize your RTP traffic you should be aware of some changes made in Wired 14.5 and 14.6. 

The only place I've seen this documented is in the changelog and not in the KB. It does seem to work well in all the testing we've done.

image.pngimage.png

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Damn, wrong thread...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels