Traffic shaping Specifically UDP ports

VedAP
New here

Traffic shaping Specifically UDP ports

Hi All,

I am trying to enter an traffic shaping rule for UDP port 50020-50059, however it seems i am unable to specify the UDP protocol. I am currently using 168.222.28.0/29:50020-50059 as my expression but I which ever way I try to define just UDP it errors out. 

does any how to do this? it seems its not possible...

7 REPLIES 7
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
lpopejoy
A model citizen

Interesting, I didn't know this.  Then how can you shape the traffic for RTP streams of a SIP call? (which are normally UDP)

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

if guess it matches on the number only, so both udp and tcp are a match.  

@lpopejoy wrote:

Interesting, I didn't know this.  Then how can you shape the traffic for RTP streams of a SIP call? (which are normally UDP)

lpopejoy
A model citizen

Oh, duh.  🙂  That makes sense!

Adam
Kind of a big deal

If you go to Security Appliance>Traffic Shaping you can create a rule and set SIP, SCCP etc in the definition and up the priority as well. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

I totally put this in the linked thread instead of here...  There I go posting before I've had coffee again...

=================================

This may not be related, but if you're trying to prioritize your RTP traffic you should be aware of some changes made in Wired 14.5 and 14.6. 

The only place I've seen this documented is in the changelog and not in the KB. It does seem to work well in all the testing we've done.

image.pngimage.png

I agree, that change in 14.6 seems to be huge!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels