Traffic Shaping Rules

SOLVED
brett22
Comes here often

Traffic Shaping Rules

When creating traffic shaping rules on a MX appliance do those rules only affect traffic outbound over the Meraki VPN or will it help to prioritize Internet traffic as well? For instance tagging video conferencing and Netsuite as high priority traffic and tagging YouTube as low priority traffic.

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Yup, Traffic Shaping rules apply to Internet and AutoVPN traffic. They DO NOT apply to non-Meraki VPN 😞

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DN
Here to help

I beleive you can add traffic shaping rules for internet traffic aswell .

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Yup, Traffic Shaping rules apply to Internet and AutoVPN traffic. They DO NOT apply to non-Meraki VPN 😞

interesting info @jdsilva, even per user shaping over non-meraki vpn tunnels?

What do you mean by "per user"?

per client limit on Global bandwidth limits, my mistake!

Hi GuilhermeMacedo

I tested the per client limit between Meraki and ASA and it seems this feature works with Non-Meraki VPN peer as well as normal internet traffic.

I guess I will have to use this for our HQ and Branch connection as our HQ is using ASA...

I hope Meraki will implement traffic shaping for Non-Meraki VPN peer soon...

Regards,

Tats

DennisSN
Here to help

Hi

Sorry to stir the pot, but please remember that the Meraki High/Normal/Low priority settings are not what most people expect when they read Priority, but more like a bandwidth control...

See this: https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/Using_Packet_Prioritization_on_a_Tr...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels