The following devices are already in use: <device S/N>

Lanre-Dipeolu
New here

The following devices are already in use: <device S/N>

I am having issues registering my device. It indicated that the device is in use but not showing on my Dashboard. What is the solution? Can someone give a helping hand? The device is an MX60

6 REPLIES 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to remove him from the current organization, if you don't have access you should ask someone who does to remove it for you.

It's not worth asking Meraki support, they don't have authorization to remove it for you, the most you'll get is to know the name of the organization to which the device is linked.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Lanre-Dipeolu
New here

Thanks Alemabrahao,

I set up the organization profile myself, so I have the access. I am worried  I could loss my setting (1 switch and 2 APs) if I delete the organization. Your thought?

What I'm talking about is that your equipment is in use at an organization other than your own. Did you buy the new device or is it used?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Lanre-Dipeolu
New here

I was bought used like some of my other devices I have. Are you indicating there could be a dual vintage use of same equipment? What is the solution. 

If you bought your Meraki equipment second-hand, you need to get in touch with the person who sold you the equipment, and have them unclaim the device from their organization.

If you are unable to get the device unclaimed from their Organization, so you can claim it in your own Organization - I'm sorry, but then you've bought yourself a brick.

Meraki Support will not assist you in unclaiming a Meraki device from organizations of which you do not have access to yourself.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

You must ask the person you bought it from to remove it for you.
With Meraki's support, the most you will be able to do is know the name of the organization to which the device is claimed.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels