The VLAN subnets ... overlap with ...

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The VLAN subnets ... overlap with ...

Is there any way to get rid of this message?

The settings you requested require confirmation. Please review the following list.

• The VLAN subnets a.b.c.d/24, a.b.c.e/24 and a.b.c.g/24  overlap with the static LAN route subnet X.X.X.X/16. IP traffic will be routed to the smallest subnet that contains the IP address.

I have a summarised subnet pointing to the L3-switch and some VLANs on the MX. Every config change gives this message that basically tells me that the MX will behave as expected from any L3 device.

Providing the message is also dangerous. A client expected the message and just confirmed it because "that message always comes". But last time he accidentally changed from routed to concentrator mode and the whole office was offline ...

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nope, because this is a message that is warning you that you are adding a directly connected network and overlaying it with a static route. The only way in my opinion would be to create a link network with another subnet.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

But this warning is pretty much useless, it is "normal" routing behaviour. And quite often there have to be supernets configured to keep the management of routes manageable.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels