Templated MX84 - Static IP on WAN1: Upgrade from 16.16 > 16.16.3 - Goes offline

w153r
Here to help

Templated MX84 - Static IP on WAN1: Upgrade from 16.16 > 16.16.3 - Goes offline

MX84 with a static IP from ISP set on WAN1 (directly patched to the cable provider modem)

-Was on 16.16.2 everything was fine

-Upgraded to 16.16.3 router would come online briefly then go back offline

-Changed WAN1 to DHCP, stayed offline\unstable

-Factory reset and it's happy with the DHCP address

-Set it back to the static IP continues to be happy

All 50+ of my networks have statics set on both WAN 1|2.  I have ticket open with Meraki, no respone yet.  Initially called the issue in and they did not see any existing tickets open on the issue I'm having, anyone else seeing problems with 16.16.3? 

6/14 @ 17:20 PST Update:  Appears to be a problem with MX84s configured with a static IP on the WAN interfaces and bound to a template as user Malarkey_MX has upgraded his untemplated MX84s without issue.  Waiting for response from dev on my ticket.  

10 Replies 10
Maxol
Conversationalist

Hello,

We just had this issue on our MX84 and we cannot reset the MX so we rolled back to 16.16

Did you reach out to support?  No response yet to my ticket but I'll update here  

Maxol
Conversationalist

Yes but nothing.

We will try to go to 15.44.3 because we have a lot of issue on 16.16 version and above.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only MXs we have on 16.16.3 at the moment are an HA pair of MX100s.  They have dual WAN with static IPs and upgraded without issue.  We haven't upgraded our MX84 pairs yet, they are still on 16.16 and we do have a single MX84 on 16.16.2 (all with static WAN IPs) that haven't had an issue.

Please post what support say as I'm now hesitant to upgrade the MX84s to 16.16.3!

w153r
Here to help

Support is escalating to their engineering team, sent them the .dat file from the local management page.  

Edit - this may be related to templates, Malarkey_MX is not using templates had no issues upgrading to 16.16.3 

Malarkey_MX
Here to help

Did you have the issue with all of your MX84s or did you stop after the first one you tried? We upgraded over 50 MX84s and had no issues. All of ours went from 16.16. to 16.16.3 except one that went from 16.16.2 to 16.16.3.

Do you static IPs configured on the WAN interfaces?  I don't have any issues when set to DHCP

Most are using just one WAN interface with a static IP. A few are using both WAN interfaces, each with a static. There are also a few using just one WAN interface with DHCP.

Are you using templates on your MX84s?  I reproduced it for support and they  are escalating to their engineering team, must be an issue with our templates, only manual change we make on the MX itself is the VLAN subnet addresses

We are not using templates.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels