Template question

athan1234
Building a reputation

Template question

Hello everyone

A template was created.
My liente request me if is possible access to do works to incluide a feature in the same tamplete for specific center the wifi only is active on the weekends .Is there a way to implement something similar using the current template, I also need to create a separate template for this purpose?

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Everything that is applied to a template will be applied to the networks that are in that template.

So the answer is not, you need to create another template or remove the Network from the template.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can do this by using the "SSID Availability by tag" feature:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Other_Topics/SSID_Availability 

With this, you create a schedule that applies to a tag and then apply the tags only to the APs you want to be affected.

@PhilipDAth  But it will apply to all networks in the template, not just the specific one as requested.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Correct.  So you could have three schedules configured applied to tags tag-a, tag-b and tag-c.  Those schedules will be available in every network bound to a template, but because they apply to a tag, nothing further will happen at this stage.

Then in the first network, you can apply tag-a to all its APs.  In the second network, apply tab-b to all the APs, and in the third apply tag-c.

Even though it is a template, all three bound networks will have APs that operate at different times.

I've done this many times for retail store chains.  They'll want the majority of stores to use one set of hours, and then there will be a small number of stores with extended hours or that run 24x7 or are pop up stores.

You're right, I forgot about this part.

Hi @PhilipDAth  thanks 

It is usufull for me . I'm trying to analyze, but I can't seem to understand whether your thought is difficult or not.

DO you have any guia for doing it?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels