Template MX vlan hub and spoke vlan unique doubts

josejmto
Here to help

Template MX vlan hub and spoke vlan unique doubts

Dear all:

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to set up the MX template for my centers.

The concept is that my client has a renge 192.168.x.0/24. The third digit is changed across the centers

The center are on spoke

When my customer needs to add a new center, I am able to change the third octet of the network's third octet of the IP addres?, I try to comprehend the vlan unique templete. I'm not sure whether I configured the correctly

I don't comprehend /25.

josejmto_0-1684403091568.png

josejmto_1-1684403170721.png

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Think of it this way, if you change the subnet to /24 p and set the subnet to /23 as in your example, what will happen is the following, you are saying that the /23 is being split into a /24 when you add a device to the tamplate will automatically provision a random /24 subnet for the device. You can also split this /23 into smaller subnets like /25, /26, /27, etc.

I don't know if you understand? Take a look at the documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Templates_and_Config_Sync/Managing_Multiple_...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I'm in a mess. Consider that my customer installed a new center and specified the IP address 192.168.54.0/24. what is the current situation in my configuration? The third octec has been assigned by the customer in each center.

Well, considering that you defined a /23 to be splited into /25 if you calculate 25 - 23 = 2, then 2 raised to 2 will make it possible to create a maximum of 4 /25 subnets.

There is no way my friend, if you want a /24 you will have to reconfigure the network in the template.

Do you have expertise with subnet calculation?
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You want to specify the subnet to be a /24, and that it is allocated out of 192.168.0.0/16.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels