cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCO for vMX100 in Azure

Here to help

TCO for vMX100 in Azure

Working with a client that currently has some servers running in Azure.  We currently have a site to site VPN set up and working, but it is only between the main office and Azure, the remote locations cannot reach it.  They are wanting to change that by installing the vMX100 in their Azure instance.  While it is easy to understand the Meraki licensing cost for the vMX, we have no idea what to expect the Azure costs to be.  So, I am curious if anyone that has this set up can tell me what the licensing model is that they are using and what it is costing them monthly?  Of course this will ultimately depend on how much traffic is going through it, so if you can estimate that or describe how you are using it, it will really help us to understand the long terms costs.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Kind of a big deal

Re: TCO for vMX100 in Azure

We run two vMX's in Azure today. One is in East US and the other is in West US. 

Looking at last month for the West US location, here are the costs. We transferred 10.3TB of data through this vMX over the last 30 days according to Dashboard. 

vMX disk: $1.86

vMX VM (D2 v2 - set by Meraki): $108.49

Public IP: $2.89

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Highlighted
Here to help

Thanks for the quick reply and the detailed information, very, very helpful.

Are you on a pay as you go plan or an EA agreement?

Thanks again, I have reached out to every internal Meraki person I know and none have been able to shed any light on the subject.

Kind of a big deal

We use an EA agreement with a yearly monetary commitment. 

The vMX we run in East US I did a reserved instance for the VM portion so we just pay for the OS disk and public IP each month on that. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.