Split a combined appliance back to a Security Appliance

Rarrington
New here

Split a combined appliance back to a Security Appliance

Recently had to replace a Meraki MX68 due to lightening strike on one of our plants. In a bit of a rush I selected combined instead of security appliance. I didn't notice until a few weeks later. I wanted to switch it back to a security appliance like the other ones in our network. If I understand right I would just need to go into the dashboard and the select the right location, then click split. I just want to be sure a the current settings like uplink, vlans, and DCHP will not be lost or reset. I will need to do it after hours or on a weekend and I don't them coming in at 6 on Monday and being down. Any information from someone who is familiar with the process would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is some considerations:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Organizations_and_Networks/Organization_Spli...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks for the information.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You should be fine, the only thing you lose from memory is historical client data.  The link above is for Org split, I'm thinking you are referring to Network split and my comments relate to that.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels