Sophos Wireless Access Point & Meraki MX

Acepak1
Conversationalist

Sophos Wireless Access Point & Meraki MX

Hi Everyone,

Please be informed that currently using 2 Sophos SG230(HA mode) and Sophos Wireless AP.  Now I'm planning to change Meraki MXs(HA). However, I still need to use Sophos Aps.

1. I would like to know whether Sophos Wireless Access Point can compatible with Meraki MX.

2. Let me know the sample MX HA topology with 2 ISP(Internet Service Provider).

Best Regards,

Htet

2 Replies 2
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, Meraki MX equipment is interoperable with other vendor devices including AP's. You will need to ensure that you purchase an MX with PoE LAN ports (assuming it's required for the AP). Other than that, you just need to ensure that the appropriate VLAN's are setup and trunked in the appropriate places for both devices.

Below is documentation regarding MX routed high availability.

MX Warm Spare - High-Availability Pair - Cisco Meraki

For specifics around dual ISP connections, there's many existing posts in the community including this one: Dual MX and Dual ISP - The Meraki Community

tauji556
New here

Yea, I have had this go sideways. and LOL, Cisco TO Cisco does not migrate (like v 7 -> 9 firmware). Besides the - there are certain things Cisco DOES NOT DO that other firewalls will do.

BASICALLY - Cisco wants each service to have it's own IP address. If you only have 1 IP and lots of different services - GL. My issue was the FTP server. Cisco wants you to have a different IP for that. It could do what the old one did, but it was an undocumented feature and I had to call support to get it going. This was going to a Cisco FW AP, not Meraki. The Meraki is more simplified / more streamlined and has less features. Not to say you need these features

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels