Sometimes Getting DNS error

ganeshjadhav
Here to help

Sometimes Getting DNS error

I have meraki mx95 and we are connected 2 ISP link on the MX, Some i brows any site we are getting DNS error and this site cant be reached . Please find below Error Snip.

ganeshjadhav_0-1638942804623.png

3 REPLIES 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

hi @ganeshjadhav  - could you expand on the details of your network setup please? 

- Apart from the MX what else does your network comprise of - what's downstream of this device - switches, AP's?

- How are you clients connecting - wireless, wired?

- where are your L3 Vlan interfaces configured - switch/MX?

- What DNS are you using and where does that service reside?

- if you have two WAN/ISP's are you load balancing between the two?

- have you tried isolating one of the WAN connections to see if its a particular one giving you issues?

- what troubleshooting steps have you taken thus far.....?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

- Apart from the MX what else does your network comprise of - what's downstream of this device - switches, AP's? :- Cisco SG350 switch

- How are you clients connecting - wireless, wired? :- Wired and LAN both also

- where are your L3 Vlan interfaces configured - switch/MX?:- Yes L3 vlans are in the mx

- What DNS are you using and where does that service reside?:- tthe are using ISP DNS

- if you have two WAN/ISP's are you load balancing between the two?:- Yes

- have you tried isolating one of the WAN connections to see if its a particular one giving you issues?:- Yes

- what troubleshooting steps have you taken thus far.....?:_ They have 2 Internal servers and their server dns is 192.168.1.6 and 8.8.8.8 .Once theyare connect to the google dry its not working and showing offline or cant reached this site Due to some DNS issues.Please give resolution.what will do.

rbrasil
New here

Hi @ganeshjadhav did you were able to resolve this issue? I am having the same problem with my network.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels